Danny Cassanova and The morning breakfeast Taco show! Danny is KEDA on-air personality from 6 AM- 10 AM Monday through Friday! We ask Danny a few questions to get to know him better:
1. When and where did you start dj’ing??In 1978, started a mobile DJ Service, DJ Express. Then in 1986, started in radio at La M Grande 1160 in San Antonio. After 4 years, switched to KEDA.
2. Who gave you your radio name?
LOL, my mom, was born with it.
3.Why did you get into radio?
My friend Albert Calvo, talked me into joining La M Grande.
4. How long have you been in radio?
About 28 years
5. Who is your favorite Artiist(s)?
Too many to mention, but Selena comes to mind, along with Pio Trevino, Flaco, Old La Sombra, Tierra Tejana, just to name a few.
6. What is your favorite thing about radio?
Listeners, they rule.
7.What do you like about San Antonio?
FOOD, lived here all my life and wouldn’t live anywhere else. I even live in the same house I grew up in, lived there all my life.
8. Favorite food?
9. Favorite song?
Donde Quiera Que Estes – Eli Quintanilla, met my wife dancing that song.
10.Favorite moment working at KEDA?
If you’re talking about old KEDA, working with Guero, learned a lot from him, now, it has to be coming back to KEDA, When I retired, I said I would never return to radio, but working here the second time around, it has been great!